Reports to – Construction Manager/Site Manager
Externally – Client (site/venue management) as required
- First Aid at work
- Leadership experience.
- 5 year Site/Event Experience or equivalent
- IOSH passport or CSC qualification
- Forklift licence (rough terrain or higher)
- Full driving licence
Role – Site Carpenter
- It is the primary duty of the Site Carpenter to co-ordinate the efforts of their allocated team, ensuring the safety of their staff and any third party contractors on site.
- To complete the tasks set by your Line Manager in a safe and efficient manner whilst setting a positive example to the on-site staff.
- As required by your Line Manager, the Site Carpenter may be required to carry any other reasonable duties, and as such should be familiar with the operation of the whole site and environs.
- Conduct & Presentation
- As a member of staff, you are representing the company. As such you will:
- Behave in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure that your appearance is clean and smart, wearing any uniform or equipment as required by the Construction/Site Manager.
- Complete any paperwork associated with running the site efficiently, accurately and in a consistent manner.
- As a senior member of staff on site, you are expected to set & maintain the highest standards.
- At the Site Induction
- Familiarise yourself with the:
- Health & Safety Policy along with all associated Procedures, Risk Assessments & Method Statements for the event.
- Signage & Information Posters.
- Fire Safety Equipment & Procedures.
- First Aid Equipment & Procedures.
- Welfare provision.
- Security Provision.
- Waste Management & Housekeeping.
- Attend the site induction and ensure that you have been signed-off against the training matrix.
- You may be expected to carry out the site induction and daily tasks
- Sign in & out.
- Attend daily ‘Toolbox Talks’
- Perform the duties specific to the area of work alongside colleagues, to the highest standard, whilst coordinating the efforts of colleagues.
- Ensure that good house-keeping and general cleanliness is maintained in your area of work.
- See to the completion and collation of any necessary paperwork in your area of work.
- Ensure that any stock reports for your area of work are completed.
- Facilitate liaison between colleagues and the Line Manager, allowing the site hierarchy to function smoothly.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the Line Manager.