Reports to – Operations Manager / Operations Director
- First Aid at work
- Management experience.
- 5 year Site/Event Experience or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safety or CSC equivalent qualification
- Forklift licence (rough terrain or higher)
- Full driving licence
- Basic IT skills (Word and Excel)
Role – Yard Manager
- It is the primary duty of the Yard Manager to co-ordinate the efforts of their team, ensuring the welfare and safety of their operatives, and any third-party contractors as well as the smooth operation of the site.
- To complete the task set by your Line Manager in a safe and efficient manner, following the documents Procedures, Method Statements and Safe Systems of work.
- To ensure all team member’s clock in accurately in order that HR can make accurate overtime payments.
- Monitor team member’s working hours.
- As required by your Line Manager, the Yard Manager may be required to carry any other reasonable duties, and as such should be familiar with the operation of the whole site and environs.
- Conduct & Presentation
- As a member of staff, you are representing the company. As such you will:
- Behave in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure that your appearance is clean and smart, wearing any uniform or equipment as required by the Management team.
- Complete any paperwork associated with running the site efficiently, accurately and in a consistent manner.
- As the senior member of staff on site, you are expected to set & maintain the highest standards.
- At the Site Induction
- You would normally be expected to carry out the site induction.
- Complete the site induction and ensure that operatives and visitors have been signed-off against the training matrix.
- Ensure all operatives complete their roles & responsibilities, paying particular attention to
- Equipment & Infrastructure fitness for purpose.
- First Aid.
- Fire Safety.
- Waste, waste management and general appearance of the site.
- Staff welfare, training, management and rotas.
- Completion of checklists, incident & feedback forms and RIDDOR reports.
- See to the completion and collation of any necessary paperwork in your area of work.
- Liaise with third party contractors as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the Management team.