UK Company Arena Group, England 2015’s official supplier of temporary event overlay at Rugby World Cup 2015, supplied 54 venues around the UK, 18th September – 31st October.
Arena Group was a turnkey design and build delivery partner, providing a wide range of temporary overlay to upgrade all 54 venues, including 13 stadium venues and 41 team bases. Each venue required additional elements, often behind the scenes, to cope with the surge in players, media, officials and visitor numbers experienced throughout the games. There were substantial amounts delivered across England and Wales, here’s the RWC 2015 by numbers:
• 12 megawatts of temporary power generation across all venues
• 2,000m² of tents
• 3,000m² of dedicated bespoke media facilities with comfort cooled floor space
• 16km of security and perimeter fencing
• 700m² of portable buildings for temporary offices
• 60 tonnes of temporary scaffolding for camera towers
• 10,000m² of temporary roadways and car parking: various ground protection products
• 450m of bespoke press and broadcast tables across four match venues
• 100m temporary bridges: three mixed use bespoke (pedestrian / service) bridges and three scaffold-based turnstile gantries.
• 2,500m³ of storage space (containers)
• Over 100 temporary toilets: Provision of both front and back-of-house toilets, associated water & waste infrastructure and servicing across numerous match venues
• A project management and site management team of circa 20 people lead by Arena’s project director Nathan Pankhurst.